Saturday 22 November 2014

BOOTS

Thank you everybody who commented on my last post!  I really do appreciate you taking the time to offer you opinion.. you all made my decisions very easy :)  

I went with RED..

hope the colours show up ok.. red tones are always tricky
Buttoned up
and open :)
It's the first time I've used industrial felt for anything.. I must say I thought they'd be easier to sew on than leather soles but it was harder!  My fingers were soooo sore by the time I finished.  I didn't want to punch holes 'cos that would weaken the felt, where as I always punch holes in leather.. and I guess the 5mm thickness may of had something to do with it too.  But I think they look lovely.. and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again (I'd wear leather thimbles next time though lol).  I'll post again quickly tomorrow about the industrial felt, I want to take a photo of the sample swatch and as it's dark now shall have to leave that bit till tomorrow.

I haven't painted the latex on as yet just incase who ever buys them wants them left 'naked'.  I have some customers who ask for bare felt soles so they can slip and slide around the hard floors in their homes :) it always makes me smile imagining them. 

If anyone is interested I shall be listing these boots tomorrow in my Etsy shop.. they're a UK womens size 7 to 7.5

Thanks again for your help folks :)
xoxo

6 comments:

Teri Berry said...

They are beautiful Deborah, in a funny way I'm glad the original commission didn't work out - we wouldn't have seen them if it did :) I hope they do well on Etsy

FeltersJourney said...

Haha thanks Terry :) I'm glad you like 'em... I hope they do well too :)
xx

Unknown said...

These are beautiful. The workmanship, I think, is exquisite! They would be so fun to wear!

FeltersJourney said...

Thank you Nancy :)
x

Cozy Badger Fiber Arts said...

Instead of punching holes and cutting the fiber, could you use an awl to make holes by pushing the fibers out of the way?

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Beibhinn. I didn't punch holes in the felt, I only do that with leather. Think I may try one of those stitching awls.. that might work well..