Sunday 25 January 2015

Rude Mans Best Friend..

I recently sold my Rude Man Bag to a male knitter in the US :)  In case you can't remember that bag it's the 2nd one down on this post.  Well, I'm pleased to say that he was delighted with the bag and commissioned me to make a pouch to fit inside, that he can keep stitch markers and small scissors etc in.  And luckily for me he had great ideas for that pouch!  It was to have Rude Mans Best Friend on the front flap.. and a Nantucket Lightship Basket closure with bone shaped peg :)  Both, I think, brilliant ideas and I was really rather excited to make this pouch :)

I made the pouch from natural oatmeal coloured BFL and drew the design in dark grey, filling the dog in with mid grey Shetland.

The dog was to be based on Keith Haring's Barking Dog..

Rubbing through soapy net 
Drying..
I cut a hole for the closure loop to pass through..
I ended up getting it wet again now 'cos I wanted to 'heal' the edges of the hole :)
I hand stitched a trim from the same fuled Harris Tweed wool fabric as
I used in the Rude Man bag.
Whittled wood for the first time!

Showing all the trims :)
Finished :)
Measures 15cm x 21cm
This really was a fun little project.. I LOVE commissions like this, and the opportunity to work with such lovely people!

4 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Deborah--This is FANTASTIC!! I love everything about it and adore that you taught yourself to whittle in the process! Amazing.

Terriea Kwong said...

So man ! Glad to see your making of wool felt stuff man would adore. Very nice pouch.

Lyn said...

Wonderful pouch and perfect for the rude bag!

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Lyn :) x

Terrie, It's nice to make something 'manly' for a change.. I must do more! x

Heather :) thank you. It's nice to try new things.. x