Tuesday 19 April 2016

Stash Busting - Knitting some Homespun

This year I am GOING to claim back parts of my house that have been taken over (utterly swamped) by supplies etc.  SO there's going to be lots of stash busting going on :)

First off I wanted to use up some yarn I spun years ago (?5/6 years ago).  I dyed the fibre and spun it thick and thin then plied it with a decorative thread.


This is the skein I started with.. I don't knit much so had no idea how far it would go.  

I've had this set of 'odd pins' for aaages, never used them, never heard of anyone using odd pins tbh but they were a packaged pair so I knew it must be a 'thing'..  I googled for tips before starting out and apparently it's called CONDO knitting!  The only tip I found really was to cast on and off using the smaller pin and another of the same size.. then start using the fat pin with just one thin pin.


The first skein didn't really go very far.. 
but it was looking pretty so I pulled these out to use too

Made myself a nice wide long scarf that really soft and snuggly 

The decorative thread plied into the blue yarn is a sparkly metalic.. I love the way it twinkles :)  It's nice to have something to wear and see from these yarns instead of just admiring them in my handspun yarn box.  I'm pleased with the quirky stitch too - and it was soooo easy, just garter stitch! :)


3 comments:

goldilox said...

Ooh , lovely. CONDO knitting eh? Never heard of it, but I'll definitely go and look that one up!

Teresa Abajo said...

The scarf looks amazing! I accidentally Condo knitted the other day - I couldn't work out what was going wrong. Now you're telling me it's a thing LOL.

Heather Woollove said...

Very pretty!! It's such a good feeling to use up old and beloved odds and ends!!