Monday 23 May 2011

Woolgatherers Challenge #2

Vintage Button and Beads
Set by me

All 3 pieces

Brenda Marshall
This lovely, tactile piece features of an old enamelled brooch pin depicting the Virgin Mary. Brenda incorporated it with some beading on felted fibres.

Clare Atfield
Clare brought some sweet little plastic owl beads from the 70s that she planned to use for this challenge but with a new baby to look after didnt get chance to work on her project.  Instead she crocheted with wire & gemstones this retro inspired bracelet.

Mine
I pulled one of the silk caps I dyed recently into a very thin roving & crocheted this simple choker.  Button & beads have been rattling round in my stash for yonks - its good to use them on something :)

Next challenge: Flowers

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Your choker is gorgeous! I bet it is soft, soft, soft!! I really like the beading in the middle of the flower.

krex said...

Does the choker feel as wonderful as it looks ...thinking the answer is yes but have never felt crocheted silk roving ?

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks girls :)

Krex, it was the 1st time I'd crocheted it - only difficulty I found crocheting was how much the tiny fibres stuck to my fingers of my rough felting hands lol. The choker is as soft as you can imagine, a light feathers touch against the throat.

xx