Wednesday 10 July 2013

Flap Bags #2 part 1

I almost forgot that I hadn't posted this!  A while back I posted how I made this flap bag and promised that there were more to come.. so here we go.

THIS flap bag was made rather differently to the last one.


My theme for this bag was the wonderful childrens book 'Guess how much I love you' by Sam McBratny..  this was one of my children favourite bedtime stories.. I read it sooo many times and we always enjoyed it :) Happy memories.  Anyway, back to the bag.  

I wanted a nice wide, long, strong integral handle.. so I cut the resist with the handle on.
2 pockets, one for an Iphone
I enclosed the resist in 6 fibre layers; 3 white Falkland fibre followed
by 3 dyed merino
I had left a fringe sticking up on top of the bag.  After flipping it I placed a piece of bubblewrap
on top, folded the fringe over and laid out 6 fibre layers on top of the bubble wrap
to form the flap
I used the same 6 fibre layers as with the rest of the bag, 3 white Falkland and 3 dyed merino

The next step was the decoration.. if I post all the process pics here it's going to be a monsterously long post, so I'm breaking it down :) and this seems like a good place to stop for now.
More soon
xoxo

3 comments:

Abigail Thomas said...

Fantastic colours; I love the way the under layers creep through slightly.

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Abigail :) That's one of the things I LOVE about felt when the colours creep through x

Unknown said...

Fantastyczna nocna torebka. Jest super.