Well, in my last post I was felting meterage.. but how did it turn out and what have I done with it?
|I felted 3 long pieces.. 1 wide for the back and 2 narrower for the front.. of the duster jacket I was planning to sew :)|
I had these lengths of lovely coloured nuno felt sitting there looking at me for months.. just BEGGING me to work on them. This week I finally got round to it :)
I didn't have a pattern, or too much of an idea of how to construct a jacket, but as it's for me I can play around. I used my old favourite kaftan as a template.. this is a soft, snuggly, thick and warm kaftan and I just love the simple shape. The front and back are pretty much the same and the sleeves are dead simple too, so I decided to just adapt it to make a jacket.
|I laid the kaftan on top of tracing paper and outlined it in pencil, then cut it out|
|Pinned the paper template to my felt and drew round it in tailors chalk..|
this line would be my stitch line
|Cut out leaving 1cm seam allowance|
|After cutting the back and both front pieces I pinned them together|
and tried it carefully on.. just to check. It was just right so I stitched the sides (leaving slits open at
the bottom each side) and shoulders
|I didn't actually have 2 pieces big enough to cut my sleeves from..|
so I stitched pieces together in a bit of a patchwork and cut them from that.
And I'm going to have to leave it there for now.. as I don't have photos yet of it all sewn together :)
Next time the sewing is finished and I work on (and hopefully finish) the closure xx