Wednesday 6 April 2011

Crafts with Purpose: Operation Bunny Drop

I received a newsletter from Living Felt a few days ago, (Living Felt are the organisers of Peacefelt).  They are currently organising something called Operation Bunny Drop follow this link for full details, here is an  extract: 

We will be crafting soft and simple bunnies for children in Japan who are recovering from the effects of the recent natural disastors, many displaced and all needing LOVE and HOPE.

This beautiful and inspired project was brought to us by Liz Minnick, a fiber friend currently in Japan.  Liz is in Japan work with youth through a professional circus group. Liz and friends will deliver the hand-crafted bunnies in late May of 2011

If you are  interested in taking part, you need to register on their Facebook page (theres a link on the Crafts with Purpose page Ive linked to above).  The deadline for sending bunnies is 13th May 2011.

Yesterday I felted a bunny... he is still drying out.  I adapted the moongazing hare resist, making it chubbier and with shorter wider ears. 

Drying out on the radiator

These are the resists used.
I used merino for him in cream & chocolate brown for his himalayan type markings, and BFL locks for their bubbly texture.  Well felted and pebbly he is soooo soft.. I'm hoping that he may bring a little comfort and love where it is so needed.

More to follow when he is finished.  If I have time I'm thinking of making a brightly coloured one too.
xx

3 comments:

Felted House said...

Thanks so much for your message today - we're all in shock at the moment and it's just dreadful, but part of being a pet-owner I guess. I've been peeking at your blog from time to time, sorry not to have left a comment but I've been admiring your work a great deal - it seems to be going from strength to strength and the range of things you're making is immense now! I've had to completely stop the felt so do feel a bit left-behind when I see what others are making, perhaps one day I'll start again. Must show you pics of my mum's house one day in the (distant) future when it's clear - I'm sure you'll appreciate the history of the building. I'll just appreciate it when it's sold I think! xx

FeltersJourney said...

Lovely to hear from you.. I'm emailing you direct xx

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Chris :)
Hope he does make someone a little happy
xx