|My cuddly red Indian elephant|
tea pot cosy :)
|I use an elephant shaped resist with separate resists to place her ears on.|
I forgot to take a photo at layout stage showing the sari silk fabric I used
to make her trappings.
|Blocked and left to dry.|
I'd already filled her trunk with wool fibre to give it some plumpness
|When dry I filled the head with wool fibre and stitched a patch across the neck to keep it in.. |
added a couple of nice glass bead eyes. Then embroidered a detached
buttonhole stitch all the way around the trappings
|This Nellie is going to have to stay! :)|
I've put her in my shop as a made to order though..
and I've just had a request for a pair made into door stoppers :)
|The silk sari worked beautifully for the head-dress and blanket|
|As you can see, Nelliephant was born on a week that I was completely fixated by RED|