Wednesday 7 August 2013

Inspired by Pinterest


I must admit I'm a bit of a duffer when it comes to social media.. but I do like Pinterest!  It's a bit addictive I think.  ANyway.. I just wanted to share this bag I made recently.  Inspired by this beautiful ancient Egyptian blue faience bowl that I spotted on Pinterest.  This is my felted bag version of it :)

I used on of Sharry's gorgeous handmade ceramic buttons :)

I stretched silk caps over the resist so the show on the inside.  There are
2 integral internal pockets, one on each side.
With a tiny flap and handle loops
Drawing the dancer from thin strips of merino fibre
and the on the front a musician with lotus and papyrus border.
Part way through felting, just after removing the resist.
I didn't take any more making photos, but here are a couple of close ups

Some smaller details were lost during felting, but I think that
works too.. gives it a slightly aged effect.
I love the dancer :) did think about adding a few beads
 but I think I'm going to leave it be.
xoxo

10 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Super project, Deborah!! Your felted drawings are always spectacular!! XO-

Zenitude said...

I'm in awe of your work. Really! I wish I could take classes from you. Thanks for sharing so much of your passion.

Unknown said...

Wow, Deborah. Your bag is a masterpiece! I like everything:design, color, furniture. Super!

Els said...

What a fine bag Deborah !!!

(pffffffft finally saw the Hobbit last night with daughter ;-) !)

FeltersJourney said...

Aaawh thank you all so much :)

Zenitude, I may be arranging some workshops soon.. not sure where abouts you are, but feel free to get in touch.

Els, did you enjoy the Hobbit? I loved it and can't wait for the next one :)

xoxo

Terriea Kwong said...

Beautiful and detailed painting! You're absolutely talented in making this.

Unknown said...

Piękna torebka. Jej widok potrafi przenieść do krainy baśni. SUPER

FeltersJourney said...

Thank you Terrie & Karolina :)
xx

Lyn said...

It's a beautiful bag and I love the handle.

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Lyn :)
x