Thursday 10 September 2009

International Felt Day - 3rd October 2009

Felt - intertwined, bound together, forever as one - United

This is really exciting! The United Nations declared 2009 the `Year of the Natural Fibre`.
A group of felters set up FeltUnited and sent out an open call to all felters to join in on 3rd October 2009 for the first International Day of Felt. There are going to be felt exhibitions and workshops going on all over the world that day! The theme for the day is `a slice of the colour wheel - red to yellow`. The UN have listed the Day of Felt as one of their events.

The last couple of weeks I have been up to my elbows in red, yellow& orange fibre :o) I`m working on jewellery & phone charms to give to family & friends to wear on the big day... I have created a gorgeous wrap for myself - which I love so much that I promptly created 2 more (in different colours) to go in my etsy shop. I havent managed to take many photos yet but will post them asap.
Here is a little taster... these are some of my beads


Left
my 1st ever sushi beads












They look just like sweeties in those bob-bon dishes - mmm yummy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice blog! We also support the International felt day! In our blog we will have an article regarding that, we already have very interesting articles about knitting and crocheting!
www.abuelitayarns.com/blog/
Please enter and post!