Monday 10 May 2010

My veggie garden

We had a lovely day pottering in the garden yesterday :o) And now have most of our veggies planted... just runner beans still to go.

These big wooden packing boxes from a local factory are fab for veggie planters! They were really cheap - and we are reusing/recycling too - win win :o)


Amber getting in on the action :o)

We have; purple sprouting broccoli, miniature kale, courgettes, red onions - which Rachael has been growing in a pot in the dining room till now, tomatoes, strawberries & rhubarb all in containers. We also sewed lettuce and chard, and planted a thornless tayberry in the bed at the bottom of the garden, apparently it will tolerate shade... we shall see.

Ive also discovered potato plants growing in my big runner bean pot! Rachael brought seed potaoes home from gardening club a couple of weeks ago... little monkey planted them in there! I must find some big buckets & compost to move them on so my beans can go in :o)
Feels like we are getting there now. Ever since we moved I have really missed having the space to grow veggies... this new deck area is great cos its a sun trap & pretty sheltered from the wind, Im hoping they do well there.
Im off to play with my Icelandic wool again :o) will it be a bag? Or a hat? That is the question...
x

1 comment:

Felted House said...

I've not seen so many veg plants put in tubs before and they look just great - even better than in straight lines in a plot! I do hope they do well for you, I haven't got mine in the garden yet and they need moving so I'm hoping to have a go on Wednesday weather permitting! xx