Tuesday 6 October 2009

Go your own way

Ive got to share this with you... it was such an exciting project. I was really `into` it & then I had to wait AGES for the zips to arrive so I could finish; I really over-the-moon to have finally finished! Well Im half way there at least... I started two bags, one to sell & one to keep, my own shall have to wait until I have a little free time :o)
OK so you`ve had a taster :o) Now here`s a proper picture...

If you look closely you will see a shoal of fish, swimming through a current of lighter coloured water...
All but one fish, who is `going his own way` swimming against the current

The fish are made from small pieces of VERY chunky homespun which I have felted in between the layers of the felt to give the feeling of depth, the fish are nicely raised & textural. The handle is made from several of my own handspun fancy yarns with a couple of strands of turquoise rattail cord. I used vintage pearls, from a broken necklace, to embellish the cuff & they are incorporated into one of my yarns in the handle.

The bag is named after one of my favourite songs (by Fleetwood Mac) and the mantra Ive been living most of my adult life to... Go Your Own Way
In fact I was singing `Go Your Own Way` most of the time that I was felting this bag!
Time to get felting
x


3 comments:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

oh WOW!!! honey this is AWESOME!!! I love it :) great work! xox

Unknown said...

Wow you did an awesome job on your bag, its stunning :)))

FeltersJourney said...

Thank you girls ;o) ... it is SO lovely to hear about it when anyone likes my work - Im all smiles now :)
xx