Last week I set to making my first vest / jacket using Sally :)
|My first step was to wrap Sally in cling film to protect her from the wet felt :)|
|Laying out the inside decoration.|
Scraps of mawata silk hankies, strips of dark denim blue merino fibre
and fine cotton yoke
Fine cotton sari fabric with prefelt circles, strips of merino fibre and
a simple pattern 'drawn' on with the dark denim merino fibre.
|It was soooo much easier not having to use my own body to fit on :)|
I started felting sleeves.. but stupidly didn't realise that the rest of the bagged white fibre in my merino box .. actually wasn't the same as what I'd been using. A bit frustrating.. BUT my fibre order is due to arrive today and work can recommence :) I'm working on buttons too.. so, more to follow.
I've had a go at making myself some felting tools at pottery class.. brought 'em home from the last lesson but haven't used them yet.