Sunday 15 November 2009

Sari Silk

I brought these for the first time this week & I LOVE `em! They are SO gorgeous! Im definately going to be using plenty of these in future :o)

The fibre is the unwoven threads from silk sari fabric. Looks to me like the thrums (waste warp threads) as there is a thin ribbon of sari silk along the tops of most of them. The ribbons are thin strips of sari silk. Ive used a little of the cerise ( Ijust HAD to experiment)... now I cant wait for the rest of my fibre to arrive so I can make some wraps and things with these in - theyre so luscious... I mean just LOOK at those colours - awesome!






I brought these from Forest Fibres and I have to say that like everything else Ive ever brought from them - Im thrilled! Forest Fibres have always had excellent customer service too, Ros is really helpful & knowledgable.

2 comments:

filz-t-raum.ch said...

wonderful feltblog!
bye,
filz-t-raum.ch

FeltersJourney said...

Thank you :o)